Drop a text file into my IShellView window(Namespace extension), i
Terry
2010-05-20 08:48:01 UTC
Hi, all:
I wrote an namespace extension of explorer.
I cerated a custom view window. Every thing works fine.

But..
When I drag and drop a file from file system into my virtual folder view
window, the file is opened automatically.
It occurs too when I drag and drop the file onto the frame of explorer(the
explorer is browsing my virtual folder.).

When I drag the file over these area, the cursor also changed to
DROPEFFECT_LINK.

I tried change the attributes of the virtual folder, not work.
I googled , nothing found.

If anybody knows the cause or the solution, please help me.

Thanks a lot.

Terry.
bviksoe
2010-05-20 09:35:44 UTC
Post by Terry
I wrote an namespace extension of explorer.
I cerated a custom view window. Every thing works fine.
But..
When I drag and drop a file from file system into my virtual folder view
window, the file is opened automatically.
It occurs too when I drag and drop the file onto the frame of explorer(the
explorer is browsing my virtual folder.).
When I drag the file over these area, the cursor also changed to
DROPEFFECT_LINK.
I tried change the attributes of the virtual folder, not work.
I googled , nothing found.
If anybody knows the cause or the solution, please help me.
Thanks a lot.
Terry.
Hi,

Am I correct to assume that you are not doing anything to handle
drops?

I vaguely remember that the problem you describe could at least be
caused by adding SFGAO_DROPTARGET to either your root and/or folder,
but failing to actually register a drop-target properly
(RegisterDragDrop) for your window. Other causes are probably
possible, but in any case you should add all of these and just supply
a IDropTarget that denies all drops, then you would be able to follow
exactly what the Shell is trying to do on your view.

bjarke