Change "Send to" copy/move behavior
ReGenesis0
2010-09-28 19:22:49 UTC
Okay, I THINK this is the right place to ask...

Is there a way (regedit?) to change the behavior of the Send To
context menu?

Currently it copies under normal usage, and moves if you hold down
Shift while using it.
...but I NEVER use it to copy files, only move them.

Can I change it so it defaults to moving? (It's a little thing, but
like a lot of Windows annoyances, it's a little thing I should be able
to change.)

-Derik
Mayayana
2010-09-29 03:26:25 UTC
| Okay, I THINK this is the right place to ask...

Not really. This group is for Shell programming.
You want a general Windows group, or a tweak
forum like annoyances.org.
....And when you get there, be sure to mention
what OS you're using. It's likely that behavior varies
from 9x to XP to Vista/7.