Browsing from Libraries view to my shell extension's root view keeps the upper part of the Libraries view window.
Assem
2011-10-04 08:37:03 UTC

I've Implemented a namespace extension on Windows 7. Every thing
functionally is working fine. but there still a small issue in the UI,
which is, when I first open Libraries explorer window, then from that
window I directly browse to my namespace extension shell view (by
clicking on its icon on the left tree view), the upper part of the
libraries shell view window still appearing, and my shell view's
window is created below the libraries.
I create my ShellView's window at 0,0 .

Has anybody come across such an issue?

Thank you in advance,
bviksoe
2011-10-05 11:12:44 UTC

I believe this is a known bug since Vista, and a nasty fix was
suggested by Microsoft (on this now retired newsgroup) involving
sending a WM_SETTINGCHANGE message with L"ShellState" argument to the
Shell.
Unfortunately the hack stopped working in Windows 7 and I know of no
other solution or why Microsoft didn't just fix the Shell's handling
of IExplorerPaneVisibility in the first place.

bjarke
Hi,
Thank you in advance,
Assem
2011-10-06 07:43:29 UTC
Post by bviksoe
Hi,
I believe this is a known bug since Vista, and a nasty fix was
suggested by Microsoft (on this now retired newsgroup) involving
sending a WM_SETTINGCHANGE message with L"ShellState" argument to the
Shell.
Unfortunately the hack stopped working in Windows 7 and I know of no
other solution or why Microsoft didn't just fix the Shell's handling
of IExplorerPaneVisibility in the first place.
bjarke
Post by Assem
Hi,
I've Implemented a namespace extension on Windows 7. Every thing
functionally is working fine. but there still a small issue in the UI,
which is, when I first open Libraries explorer window, then from that
window I directly browse to my namespace extension shell view (by
clicking on its icon on the left tree view), the upper part of the
libraries shell view window still appearing, and my shell view's
window is created below the libraries.
I create my ShellView's window at 0,0 .
Has anybody come across such an issue?
Thank you in advance,
Thank you Viksoe for your reply, but I was wondering how it works for
the extensions that use the default shell view
(SHCreateShellFolderView) instead of the custom implemented
IShellView, as i found in the inspiring and valuable shell framework
code written by you.

Thak you again,
Assem
bviksoe
2011-10-07 08:43:42 UTC
You can search this newgroup for relevant keywords. For instance, this
link...

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.platformsdk.shell/browse_thread/thread/b45b5d516b74f19e/a358ecd6b8692e17

provides a lengthy discussion about the problems. It also suggests
another hack to solve the problem in Vista, even if I don't know how
the named properties where discovered. Microsoft's explanation on why
it works in DefView was that DefView uses some kind of undocumented
"delayed initiailization".

bjarke
Post by Assem
Post by bviksoe
Hi,
I believe this is a known bug since Vista, and a nasty fix was
suggested by Microsoft (on this now retired newsgroup) involving
sending a WM_SETTINGCHANGE message with L"ShellState" argument to the
Shell.
Unfortunately the hack stopped working in Windows 7 and I know of no
other solution or why Microsoft didn't just fix the Shell's handling
of IExplorerPaneVisibility in the first place.
bjarke
Hi,