Property Sheet Extension with vista 64
Val
2007-08-29 15:51:11 UTC

I made a DLL implementing differents extensions (thumbnails, tooltip info
and property sheet); it works perfectly with windows XP and Vista 32 bits.

Then, I recompiled the DLL for vista 64. The thumbs and the tooltips are
working perfectly but the property sheet isn' t displayed.
It seems that the Initialize method of IShellExtInit interface is never
called.

Any help would be appreciated. !

Thanks,
Val
Val
2007-08-30 18:11:38 UTC
I just found out that CreatePropertySheetPage failed, cause my manifest file
was for X86.
(IShellExtInit was not called because the extension was not registered
anymore)

Now it' s working well.

Val.
Hi,
Val
shailesh pendurkar
Val.
Mayayana
2011-05-23 15:21:38 UTC
You're posting to a thread that is more than 3 years old!

If you want to use newsgroups then you might want
to get a real newsreader that can actually monitor usenet.
Then you can post your own question rather than tacking
it onto an old thread that few people are reading. The private
online web forums are just copying Usenet content as their own.

While this group is still operational, Microsoft has ended
support for Usenet. They now have web forums that focus
on marketing of MS products rather than technical discussion.
The forums allow MS to control the discussions and minimize
criticism. Any MVPs that formerly visited this newsgroup seem
to be gone. Presumably they've been pressured by Microsoft
to stop using the Usenet groups... or at least they're no longer
getting pats on the head and free software to reward their
Usenet efforts.

So... you could get an answer to your question here, but
you might want to also try the MS forums:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/categories/

Caveats: 1) The MS forums are webpage forums that are awkward
to use. 2) The number of technical groups for programmers is
greatly reduced. 3) To use the forums you are required to sign
up for a Microsoft "Live ID" -- a sort of online tracking collar
that is required for all online MS services.